Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Rural Voices

I devoured this collection of stories about small towns, back roads, first love, show pigs, college, and teens. First off I really appreciated the diversity in this collection: Black, LatinX, LGBTQ, indigenous teens, a wheelchair user, and teens from other walks of life really helped round out this collection and help make it fresh. Second off the authors all had compelling and heartfelt stories that grab readers attention with only a handful of pages. The stories, poems, and comics take place all over the United States in small rural communities and help challenge the way that many Americans view them. These teens aren't uneducated hicks - they've got full and unique lives ahead of them. Personally, I loved every story and I couldn't even narrow it down to which one was my favorite. An excellent collection I will definitely pick up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment