Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Stitches in Time

I see Suzanne Woods Fisher books ALL THE TIME at my library. She's got like three full to bursting shelves and library patrons love her. Generally I'm not to keen on Amish romance but I decided to give this one a whirl. I was more than pleasantly surprised! This is the second in the Deacon Family series, but I honestly couldn't tell; it read easily as a standalone (I'm assuming book one focused on different people in the community). Stitches in Time focuses on a few different people. Recently married, Izzy and Luke, Mollie who is new to the community and the school teacher, and Sam brother to Luke and has a better relationship with his horses than he does any member of their community. Luke has just been tapped as Deacon and it is already putting a strain on his and Izzy's relationship. Luke is constantly gone working or helping others and the addition to their house isn't getting worked on and neither is Izzy (she DESPERATELY wants a baby). Mollie and Sam meanwhile are falling for each other, although both are a little too scared ans stubborn to make anything come from it. To complicate things for the whole community; ten foster kids come into their community and shake everyone's lives up. Sweet, endearing, and dealing with harder issues then I thought I would read about in an Amish romance, this book took me by surprise and I look forward to reading the rest in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment