Saturday, January 11, 2014

Vampire Academy

You know... I didn't hate this book nearly as much as I thought I would. In fact, I think I enjoyed it?! Crazy I know. As I mentioned in my last book review (The Coldest Girl In Coldtown) Twilight pretty much ruined vampire books for me. I thought the genre was doomed. But I've already been proven wrong twice this year, there are good young adult vampire books!!

The title of this book (and the cover) is a little off putting, but never fear it's actually quite good. The only reason I picked it up is because I saw that it was getting turned into a movie this year and I love to read books before seeing the movies.

Lissa is a mortal vampire (a Moroi Princess) and her guardian is her best friend, Rose (a Dhampir). Together they must battle a prep school for mortal vampires and guardians without breaking too many hearts, getting into too many fights, and figuring out what Lissa's growing power means. It's full of suspense, witty dialogue, and teenage drama. A win all around.

For fans of teen literature and vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment