Wednesday, December 13, 2017

We Have Always Lived in the Castle

I have a lot of feelings about this book and I'm not sure what they mean. It was dark and creepy and I mean... WHAT THE HELL!!?!?!?! Constance and her younger sister Merricat live in the Blackwood manor with their elderly Uncle Julian. They live a secluded life since most of their family was murdered six years ago as they sat around the dining room table (sugar... the sweet unsuspecting sugar killed them all!). Merricat walks into town twice a week for provisions, but other than that they live a lonely existence filled with books, food, and each other's company. Thankfully Merricat has a rich imagination and a large yard, she is free and happy (she's eighteen but acts MUCH younger). When their cousin Charles comes for an unexpected visit, things suddenly starts to go sour. The story is told through Merricat's eyes and her decisions and thoughts and revelations continue to get darker and darker as the story continues. There is more, but really just read this damn thing and call me so I can have someone help me through this. NOT a light hearted read!

No comments:

Post a Comment