Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Allegiant

I'd heard a lot of mixed reviews for this book. Some of my friends loved it, others hated it, saying it ruined the entire series for them. All I can say is that... I have mixed feelings about it as well. I didn't hate, although I certainly didn't love it. I thought the ending worked well for this series, even though I didn't like it (spoiler alert, I am a sucker for happy or semi-happy endings).

The middle of the book was really slow and it didn't pick up again til the end. That being said I still read it in two sittings. I think my favorite in the trilogy will always be the first one, but isn't that how it usually works? I don't want to talk to much about the book and give spoilers away, so I'll keep this review short. The conclusion was "meh" but it fit with the series. It will be interesting to see how this translates into the movie version.

No comments:

Post a Comment