Monday, May 10, 2021

Love People Use Things


Before having picked this book up I had never heard of the Minimalists, listened to their podcast or read any of their books. Having finished this book I'm pretty sure that's about to change. Filled with no-nonsense advice and hard truths; this book was VERY impactful. I found myself re-reading sections and bookmarking pages - I hardly EVER do that. At the heart this book is about minimalism, but in fact it is so much more than that. The sections on relationships, creativity, and money were so powerful that I'm still thinking about them. From 30 day challenges to worksheets to engaging questions - this book wants to change how you view your life and wants you to think critically about everything you own, everything you do, and everyone you associate with. It's a handbook that will make you think more deeply about aspects of your life that you take for granted. I really appreciate that this book wasn't preachy and didn't tell readers how wrong they are living their lives. You could do small approaches and monthly challenges to find what works best for YOUR life - because there is no one size fits all approach. I won't become a minimalist over night but I certainly aim to use lots of different advice that this book had to see what changes I can make to improve my life. An excellent book. #celadonreads #lovepeopleusethingsbook

No comments:

Post a Comment