Monday, May 24, 2021

Everyone Dies Famous in a Small Town


I picked up this book solely because of the title and I was even more sold when I saw it was short stories. Once I started reading it I was excited when I realized that all the stories are interconnected in one way or another. Living in a small town can be stifling - it's all you've ever known, it's hard to imagine life elsewhere, and you are forever defined by the worst thing that ever happened to you. From wildfires, to cheating boyfriends, to invisible friends, to basketball, to gum wrappers and suspect priests - this book covers a variety of issues that plague teens in small Colorado towns, in Alaska, and on the coast. Compelling, dark, and yet ultimately uplifting and emotional - I was very impressed with this short story collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment