Monday, June 28, 2021

The Road Trip


I've read every single one of Beth O'Leary's books and on the whole I really like them. They aren't all fluff but they are heartfelt and thought-provoking. The Road Trip, her latest novel, is my least favorite so far. I'm not sure if it was because I strongly detested one of the characters or if I didn't like the concept - but this one wasn't quite up to par with her other two novels. Addie and her sister Deb are road-tripping to Scotland to go to one of their dear friends wedding when they are rear ended by her ex and his best friend. She knew they would be at the wedding but Addie is no prepared to see him like this. What are the odds?! The car that Dylan and Marcus were driving is no shape to make the trip to Scotland and there is no public transportation available as it's a holiday weekend. It looks as if they are all going to be stuck with each other in one small uncomfortable car. What could possibly go wrong?! The story alternates between now and then - telling the story of how they got together and what drove them apart. I loathed Marcus' character and I wanted him to walk off a cliff so bad. If it werem't for him I think I would have given this a 4 instead of a 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment