Sunday, December 14, 2014

Storm Front: Book One of the Dresden Files

I have put off reading Jim Butcher for ages because I wasn't a fan of the cover art (seemed more geared to guys and Dungeons and Dragon's players, not that it's a problem, but it didn't seem like my cup of tea) and I didn't really know anyone that read him. I am soo mad that I waited this long to start reading him! OMG, I fell in love with this series! Hardcore. I've always been a fan of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series (at least the first 10, after that it got a little too smutty even for me) and Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series seems like the male equivalent of that. I listened to the audio narrated by James Marsters (aka Spike from Buffy) and I became instantly hooked. I knocked out the audio in no time at all, I couldn't stop listening (due in part to Marster's excellent narration)! I became soo absorbed in Harry Dresden's world of magic, mystery, and the dark underbelly of Chicago that I sped through it. Seriously, soo damn good! I plan on listening to the rest of the series now. Possibly the best crime noir fantasy series I've ever read. Get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment