Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Anxious People


I wasn't a fan of A Man Called Ove so I resisted reading this for the longest time because I didn't buy into all the hype about this one. I was totally wrong. It's beautiful, whimsical and I loved every character. It's a book about a hostage situation, idiots, and never judging someone on first impressions. Sometimes a hostage situation can be more than a hostage situation. When a bank robber flees a robbery gone wrong and runs into the first open door which happens to be an apartment viewing - things turn out unexpected for everyone involved. From the cops to the hostages to the bank teller and robber - sometimes the easiest explanation is the hardest. It's difficult to truly summarize this book without giving anything away but do yourself a favor and check it out - because it definitely lived up to the hype. Lots of little twists and turns that are unexpected and perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment