Thursday, December 20, 2018

Watchmen

This book keeps getting better like a fine wine. This is probably the sixth time I've re-read it and damn... it's just soo badass. I love everything about it, the dialogue, the characters, the plot, the stories within a story. It is and always will be my favorite graphic novel. The characters are all so complex and wonderful, even though they're flawed as shit, you have to root for them. Watchmen is an anti-superhero novel about men in masks and what it takes to save  a world that may not always be worth saving. It's dark, complex, and gritty. I was even blown away by the movie adaptation; even though they changed the ending, the casting is perfect and some of the  scenes are frame by frame from the graphic novel. I can't recommend this book enough. Just read it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment