Friday, December 14, 2018

Crazy Rich Asians

I couldn't put this book down! It's only making me more hyped for the movie (which I have held off seeing until I read the book). This novel mixes the snobbery of Downton Abbey and The Devil Wears Prada and mixes it with Jane Austen and The Princess Diaries. It's a light romantic comedy, filled with pitfalls and misunderstandings. Rachel agrees to spend the entire summer with her boyfriend, Nick, visiting his relatives, attending a wedding, and sightseeing in Singapore where he is from. There's only one catch, Nick has never told Rachel about his family. Little does she know that his family is like royalty and they have more money then she can comprehend. Billions of dollars! Every event they attend is more mind boggling than the last. Rachel didn't even know that people could live that way! Nick's mom is aghast that her son would date some commoner and does everything she can to get Rachel out of the picture. Witty, full of drama, couture, and snobbery. I loved this. I'll have to continue with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment