Monday, November 12, 2018

Consumed

I thought I would enjoy a light fluffy romance with some steamy scenes, but even I was under impressed with this. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood to read this, but whatever the case, I was not a fan. The plot was very predictable, there were far fewer sex scenes then I would have anticipated, and I was over the firefighter shit from the first chapter. I feel like I'm being unfair to this book. I'm sure it will garner lots of fans. It wasn't even badly written, it just did nothing for me. Anne was a firefighter until an on the job emergency cost her her hand. No longer able to be one of the boys (aka a firefighter), she undergoes intense physical therapy and becomes a fire investigator. One of her cases leads her back to Danny, a smoking hot firefighter she once had a one night stand with. Now she is lusting after Danny and having to watch her back, because her one case is going to put her in danger. Cliche. Cliche. Cliche. 

No comments:

Post a Comment