Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances

I ate this book up. I had forgotten how much I loved short story collection, this filled a whole in my soul. I've always been a huge fan of Neil Gaiman and reading this collection just re-affirmed my belief that he is one of the greatest authors of the twenty-first century (and an avid supporter of libraries!). It's dark, poetic, mythical, lyrical, and refreshing. Each story and poem packs a punch that gets you to think and expand the boundaries of your mind. None of these writings are new per se, but it's the first time they've been collected in a short story collection. There's something for everyone, a Doctor Who story, a tribute to Sherlock Holmes, William Blake, and Ray Bradbury, fairy tales retold, legends expanded, and light shined on dark places. It's a fantastic collection and a must read/buy for any Gaiman fan. It's also a great introduction for the non-enlightened and sure to make them instant Gaiman converts. I can't express how much I loved this collection. It's a book I know I'll come back to again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment