Friday, November 7, 2014

As You Wish

LOVED this!! Reading this memoir on the filming of "The Princess Bride" brought back soo many good memories for me. It's definitely one of my all time favorite movies and getting to read about what happened behind the scenes was a real treat. Cary Elwes talks about all the different cast members, the director Rob Reiner, the author/ screenwriter and all the different scenes. Learning about the fire swamp scene and the greatest sword fight of all time was definitely intriguing. Four months of training for a three minute sequence!

There are also lots of pictures, quotes, and random facts. This book is just adorable. It's perfect for fans of the movie or the original book. Disclaimer, even though I loved it, Cary talked A LOT about himself and had quotes from cast members talking him u. After a while, I was like, "OK, I get it!" This book would be a perfect christmas gift for... like everyone on your list! Inconceivable, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment