Monday, June 3, 2013

Library Journal Audiobook Review - The Woman Upstairs

Messud, Claire. The Woman Upstairs. 9 CDs. unabridged. 11 hrs. Books on Tape, an imprint of the Random House Audio Publishing Group. 2013. ISBN 9780307913623.
Claire Messud returns with another intimate and piercing novel that takes the reader into the unfulfilled life of Nora Eldridge, an elementary schoolteacher who once dreamed of being an accomplished artist, but realizes all too late that her dreams and ambitions have been put to the wayside for others. Her life takes an unexpected turn when the cosmopolitan Shahid family moves in from Paris. Nora is fiercely drawn to their son, a student in her class, his mother, an accomplished artist, and his dashing father, someone she can't help fantasizing about. Nora finds herself trying to get as involved in their lives as she can, until she ultimately realizes the cost of living vicariously through others. Voice actress, Cassandra Campbell, does a beautiful job of narrating Nora's inner struggles. The listener easily gets lost in the beauty of her voice and the conviction of her struggles. - Erin Cataldi, Franklin College, Franklin, IN

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone i am here to share my testimony to the public on how Dr Clifford help me get Cure from Herpes, i spent all my money on medication i have used so many pills but nothing changed. I never think Herpes can be cure with the medication doctor Clifford send to me until I was cure, when i was on my Facebook page i came across a story of how Dr Clifford helped him enlarged his penis to 7ins better. I contact him.he prepare the herbal medication for my Herpes cure and also send it to me in UK via DHL, that get me cure within two weeks I use it.You can as well reach Dr Clifford he will help on your problem, for he has the solution to all. E-MAIL drcliffordsolutioncenter62@gmail.com or number No +2348105049840.

    ReplyDelete