Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dad is Fat

Having been a major fan of Jim Gaffigan for years I was delighted when I found out he was writing a book. I made sure to pre-order this bad boy so I could get the sweet signed book plate, terrifying valentine's day mask, and other little goodies. Pretty good deal if you ask me!

Anyways, I really enjoyed this book. I laughed out loud multiple times and it really reminded me of Bill Cosby's, "Fatherhood." Jim Gaffigan has provided a collection of hilarious essays on parenting and child rearing that will have you howling with laughter. Jim is the proud father of five children, in a two bedroom apartment, in a fifth floor walk up in New York City. Trust me, hilarity ensues. Coming from a large, crazy, Catholic family I really related with a lot of his stories and empathized with him. If you're looking for a quick and funny summer read then this is definitely the book for you!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed this. It is on my list of things to read. I was just on a long flight and listened to one of his CD's and it helped to pass the time. People probably thought I was weird for laughing out loud randomly.

    Thanks for the heads up on the book! Have you ever read Sleep Walk With Me by Mike Birbiglia? That was pretty funny as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad to meet another Gaffigan fan! His stand up is hilarious! As for the book you recommended I have not read it, but it is now on my to read list!

      Delete