Sunday, April 7, 2013

Game


GAHH!! Amazing!!! I loved the first Jasper Dent book (I Hunt Killers) so I assumed I would like the sequel. Wrong! I LOVED LOVED LOVED it! It may even be better than the first one. Seriously so good.

This time around the story follows not only Jazz, but his hot black girlfriend Connie and his best friend, Howie. The three of them all have adventures of their own to deal with it, adventures that are more connected then they realize.

Jazz shoots off to New York where the NYPD have asked for his expertise on the serial murderer, the hat-dog killer (i'll admit at first I was skeptical that NYPD would ask for a teenager for help but as the story went on it did seem plausible). Jazz uses all the knowledge his dad (the worst serial murderer of all time) imparted on him to help out as much as he can. Back in his home town, Howie and his aunt look after Jazz's seriously crazy grandma and Connie starts to get weird texts asking if she wants to join the game.

This book is so fast paced and amazing that you don't even realize it's over 500 pages. You fly through it and wish there was more at the end. Seriously must read. I am eagerly eagerly awaiting the next book in the series. This is hands down one of the best books I've read this year. A real nail biter that leaves you wanting more. Barry Lyga really does his homework and the details, the graphic crime scenes, intricate plot lines, and super amazing characters makes it hard to believe that this book is for young adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment