Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Notebook

I will admit that I only vaguely remember seeing the movie when I was in high school, at a sleepover, and hopped up on Jolt Cola. I remember the kiss, the rain, and the end (which is different in the book!). With that limited knowledge in mind I picked up this quick read (I finished it in less than two hours) and had virtually no expectations. I'm not the biggest Nicholas Sparks fan but this book wasn't awful. Was it great? No. Was it way too good of a romance to be true?  Yes. But overall, it wasn't a horrible way to pass the time. An old man in a nursing home reads out of a notebook to an elderly woman every day, the middle of the book is the story contained in the notebook and it's book ended by the "present day" story of the old man. The story he reads to her is about ill fated romance and the rekindling of youthful love. It's emotional, slightly unbelievable, and good fluff. I think I prefer the movie (Ryan Reynolds, hubba hubba) but I won't know until I actually rewatch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment