Thursday, August 20, 2026

Three Apples Fell From the Sky


This was breathtaking and unexpected. I didn't think I would find myself so engrossed in this story, but it was such a pleasure to listen to. I highly recommend the audiobook version because the names are hard to pronounce and the narrator does a phenomenal job of bringing the dialect and accent to life. This book is set in the small mountain village high in the Armenian mountains. Once a bustling town, famine, war, earthquakes, and more have dwindles the town's population down to nothing. But despite the solitude, the the lack of contact with the outside world, hunger, and no more children - the elderly residents of this town keep going about their lives, not just out of stubbornness, but because it's the only thing they know how to do. Harvesting crops, laundering clothes, making meals, taking care of livestock, and gossiping with neighbors has never been more interesting. Thoroughly enjoyable, the setting and the characters are unforgettable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment