Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Arrival Stories


Every once in a while you read the right book at the right time. This was one of those books. I'm a first time mom and my daughter was born about three and a half months ago. Learning to be a mom was exciting and challenging - but nothing could have prepared me for the labor experience. Arrival Stories contains essays from women of all walks of life as they experience becoming moms. No two are the same. Some lost their babies, some had difficult pregnancies, some adopted, some conceived through IVF - all are candid about their experiences. It was heartening to read other experiences that were so similar and so different. My only "beef" is that many of the women in this collection are in a wealthier position than many Americans - making a few of the experiences nearly unrelatable. Other than that - I thoroughly enjoyed this collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment