Monday, July 23, 2012

Doin' It Dirty Book Bender

  • RULES
  • To be run on July 20th for 12 hours: noon CST to midnight CST
  • You don’t have to read the full 12 hours to participate.  Join us for however much time you have available!
  • You must read erotica or any subgenre of romance that borders on erotica.  Remember!  We’re doing it dirty.
  • Sign up by linking your blog in the linky below
  • On July 19th, we’ll post a linky for a goal post/progress updates.
  • On July 21st, we’ll give you a chance to recap your goals and let everyone know how you did.
  • Use the hashtag #DoinItDirty to track your progress on Twitter
Well I didn't get a chance to do all 12 hours of reading smut but instead I decided to write short mini reviews for all the smut I HAVE read. Here goes....

1. Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter Series
Granted it starts off quite tame. But by the 4th book in the series there is sex oozing everywhere. It's the age old story of a good girl trying to decide between the handsome vampire or the sexy werewolf. Except that there is blood and guts and gore and primal sex involved, plus lots of other paranormal creatures. I re-read the first 5 or 6 books every year. They are that good. Plus Marvel comics has released the first few books as graphic novels, which is insanely awesome. Not super smut, but there is definitely enough sexy-time to get your heart racing.

2. Justine by the Marquis De Sade
This was so raunchy I didn't even finish the whole book. And this was written in the eighteenth century!!!! After watching Quills, a fictional account of the Marquis de Sade's last days, I thought for sure that I could handle this. Boy was I wrong. Sadism is aptly named after this historical author of erotica. Read if you dare.

3. The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice
If you're into spankings and perverted Disney tales then this is the book for you. Anne Rice outdoes herself in this erotic work that opens up with sleeping beauty being awakened not with a kiss but by a violent raping. The story doesn't improve from there, it gets more violent and perverted. Not a light reading. There are more in this series, but one was more than enough for me.

4. 50 Shades of Gray Trilogy by E. L. James
Well everyone and their brother has read this recently so get off your butt and go read it to see what the fuss is about. Imagine twilight (because it is twilight fan-fiction) without paranormal creatures and with a lot more sex. The sex scenes are good, but the writing could use improvement. However, no one is reading this for the literary content so I might as well shut up, lol. 

I'm sure I've read way more, but it's late and I'm tired. So that is my minor contribution for now.

Laters baby ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment