Saturday, September 26, 2026

The Au Pair Affair


The premise of this book was so fun and I enjoyed the first half, I just completely checked out the second half. Pro hockey star, Burgess, is in a bind. He and his ex-wife co-parent their vivacious 12 year old and hockey season is about to start. Burgess has hired his best friend's fiancé to be a live in au pair and the two are wildly attracted to each other. Which is a problem because he is eleven years her senior and most importantly, her boss. Despite a rocky start, Tallulah, fits right in to their family unit and it's hard to imagine life without her there. When things start to get hot and heavy between them, everything they worked so hard to build comes crumbling down around them. I was very annoyed because Burgess, kept lamenting that life wasn't worth living without Tallulah and there was no point in going on. Sir! You have a child that adores you! His daughter was never at the forefront of his decisions and that pissed me off. It ruined the ending for me. I didn't even want them to get back together (spoiler). I'll still keep on with the series, but I am glad this one is behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment