Thursday, September 17, 2026

Kingdom of Waves


This was a quick little fantasy read that is the start of a new series. The Ophir have been repressed and subjected to what amounts as slavery for hundreds of years. You either work for the Laconians for minimum wages and struggle to fill your bellies, take to thieving, or are lucky enough to live on the one lone Ophir sanctuary, a mysterious floating city. Gin and Eban are both Ophir thieves and they've just been double crossed by the same man. They were able to steal some loot, including some enchanted reliquaries. Even though they don't know each other they both must work together to flee the city and try to find other Ophir. The two are about to discover that their actions have the potential to save the Ophir, if they are up to the challenge. Predictable, yet with enough action and excitement to keep you going. I predicted the "surprise" at the end immediately, but I am an adult reading teen literature so I can't be too mad. I would maybe continue on with the rest of the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment