Friday, August 16, 2024

Ross Poldark


I watched the first few seasons of the new tv adaptation and pretty quickly fell in love the show. I knew that I would have to read the book series as soon as I realized that was what the show was based on. This is the first in the series and it isn't bad - but it does ramble in some places, but the writing is beautiful. Ross Poldark comes back to England after fighting for Britain in the Revolutionary War. His father has passed and the estate is now his. It's a shabby house and the land is overgrown but he makes a go of it. He is sorely upset to find out that his beloved, Elizabeth, is betrothed to his cousin Francis. He is heartbroken but puts his mind off of it and puts all his focus into making the most out of his lot. When he rescues a dirty beaten child he has no idea how much his life will soon change for the better. I think I like the show better, but I still may try to read the second book in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment