Friday, August 2, 2024

Carrie Soto is Back


I don't love playing sports but I do LOVE reading about them. This book was a grand slam. It started off a little slow and I did not like the main character, Carrie Soto, very much in the beginning. Throughout the book she isn't exactly the world's most lovable character - but damn you have to admire her grit and determination. And I LOVED her father who was her coach. Carrie Soto is the GOAT - she has set some of the most impressive records for Tennis and when she retired after winning 20 grand slams she thought her record was safe. Half a decade after her retirement her record is tied and Carrie can't abide by that, not for one minute. She enlists her father to help coach her again and her goal is to win at least one more slam and get her record back. But at 37 is that even possible anymore? Fantastic and keeps you at the edge of your seat. I don't even like tennis but I was hooked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment