Monday, May 15, 2023

Spare


I am not one of those Americans who is into British royalty. I've not watched a royal wedding, funeral, or coronation. I think the crown is outdated, antiquated, but also... intriguing - I found myself learning a lot about the chain of command, protocols, and the bubble the royal family find themselves living in. I never paid much attention to the Prince Harry "scandal" when it happened and I didn't watch the Oprah interview or the Netflix series - so reading Spare was really eye opening. I appreciated that this was a true autobiography and not just focused on why he left (although that is a major undercurrent). Prince Harry recounts his childhood, military service and so much more. Overall intriguing. I found myself googling who some of the advisors and relatives were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment