Sunday, January 1, 2017

Born a Crime

An exceptional audiobook by comedian and Daily Show host, Trevor Noah. Honestly, I didn't know shit about Trevor until I started reading this, the cover didn't look appealing and I may have never picked this up had it not been for my friend's insistence that it was great. She was right, and I highly recommend that this is listened to rather than read, because the author narrates it himself and will even sing, speak in other languages and do fantastic impersonations. It was a laugh out loud experience. Even though his memoir is quite hilarious, it's also eye-opening and a little horrifying as well. Born during South Africa's apartheid, Trevor grew up in a hellish environment that most people aren't even familiar with. It's a great memoir and mini-history on the South African troubles. Fantastic read, will definitely check out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment