Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Blondes

Any book that has rave reviews from both Margaret Atwood AND Stephen King deserves to be checked out. Plus the premise of a plague that only targets blonde women (natural or dyed) and turns them into frenzied, evil attacking machines is just too cool to miss out on. The plot is cool, but the pacing and the main character left a little to be desired for me. I didn't hate it, I just didn't love it. The main character, Hazel Hayes, isn't the most likable of characters. She's pregnant and unsure of anything she kind of drifts around in her narration and it can be a little maddening at times. The other characters though are pretty memorable. Her lover's (and baby's father) wife is pretty over the top, but in a weird, good way. I would definitely give this book a try, I just don't know how much you'll fall in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment