Friday, February 4, 2022

The Lightning Thief


I've been meaning to read this book for ages! I love Greek mythology and everyone always compares this to Harry Potter. Percy Jackson is your average 12 year old boy. He gets into trouble constantly and is sent from boarding school to boarding school. While on a field trip something.... odd happens - something he can't wrap his head around and he starts questioning everything. He discovers that he is a demigod and that as long as he is out in the world monsters and other creatures will try to find and kill him. He gets sent to camp half-blood to learn more about his heritage and to try and figure out why he seems to be a bigger target than most. It almost reminds me of a kidz bop version of American Gods. Fun - but I would have definitely enjoyed it more had I read this as a kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment