Saturday, January 16, 2021

The Duke and I


I'm so glad I finally read the book! Honestly I think the tv series follows it pretty well. They moved around a few scenes and added a few characters and small storylines to flesh out the show - but honestly I loved both the print and the film version. Obviously there is a very questionable consent scene that readers have to grapple with, but beyond that I really enjoyed the book. The Duke and I is a regency romance that shows what happens when two people who are "just pretending to like each other to get people off their backs" actually start to like each other. The Duke had an upsetting childhood and a horrid father so he has vowed the the dukedom will end with him. But then he finds that he really does love someone and agrees to marry her... but will have no kids so the line still ends. Is that possible? Will their love overcome such a hurdle? Wonderful. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment