Sunday, April 7, 2019

Potted and Pruned

I ADORED this book. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't exactly have a green thumb. I mean, hell, we have the world's smallest yard and by default the world's smallest garden. That being said, the past few years John and I have really enjoyed getting a vegetable garden going (cherry tomatoes are the best part of summer) and I even keep a few plants inside year round (not too many because cats are demons). Even if I didn't have a garden though, I think I would have enjoyed this book. It was quick and humorous and I read it in one sitting. Written as a collection of short vignettes, essays, thoughts, and letters; Potted and Pruned is a reaffirmation of the love, joy, frustration, and comedy that can be found in gardening. It made me laugh out loud on several occasions and it made me inspired to go out and start working on this summer's vegetable patch. A small enjoyable book that gardeners will keep coming back to. I can't wait to read the next two in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment