Friday, April 12, 2019

Brunch at the Bittersweet Cafe

A quick Christian read that I initially thought was going to be super predictable, but ended up being more than I expected. For starters, I will admit, that I did not read the first in this series. That being said, it didn't seem to hinder any of my understanding of this book, I think the first one may have focused on another couple in this friend group (although I may be wrong). The novel opens with a spunky single 30 year old baker helping an attractive airline pilot after his fancy sports car gets stuck in a snowdrift. Spark fly, but they don't exchange numbers because neither of them are looking for a fling. Their paths continue to cross but they soon realize that any relationship they might spark is doomed because both of their futures aren't compatible. Could Melody give up her dreams of co-owning a bakery with her best-friend and could Justin turn his back on his sister and his family? Peppered with family strife, friendship problems, doubting of faith, and lots and lots of food descriptions. This book will definitely make you hungry. It was cute, romantic, and like said the ending didn't end how I thought it would, so there is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment