Monday, February 2, 2015

The Romantically Challenged Man

I don't know about you, but I have yet to encounter a Romeo. I had a high school boyfriend that came close to sweeping me off my feet, because nothing says I love you like a case of crush soda (get it?! he had a... crush... on me...), scratch off lotto tickets (my guilty pleasure), a bag of chex mix (my even guiltier pleasure), a dozen roses, and a gold unicorn necklace (because... why not?!). To date that's been my top Valentine's Day. Has anyone had any better luck? Or do I just have impeccable taste in men? Some men just need a little nudge in the right direction. Their heart may be in the right place but if they show up unprepared to the most romantic date night of the year then chances are they are going to have one pissed off lady (not that I'm speaking from experience or anything).


Man Crates is a company that specializes in creating awesome themed gifts in wooden crates that need to be opened with a crowbar. Grilling sets, snack kits, and gambling packages are just a few of the things that can be selected. How nice would it be if they had a Valentine's Day date kit for the romantically challenged man?!? If I were to pick the top five things that men need to sweep women off their feet this Valentine's Day they would be:


1. A Cookbook - Nothing is sexier than a man who can cook. Nothing! Romantic homemade dinners are infinitely better than going through the hassle of making reservations, expensive food, and being sat next to weirdos. A man who can cook a dinner is a rare and glorious thing. Add some mood lighting and wine and you are set my friend!


2. Flowers - Roses may be a little overrated (and insanely expensive on Valentine's Day), but a nice arrangement of flowers is ALWAYS welcome. Ladies love to get something beautiful, and nothing is prettier than a man handing her a bouquet.


3. A Massage Candle - Not only can this candle set the mood with its soft flickering light and smell, it doubles as a massage lotion. That's right ladies, nice warm, scented massage lotion. Also, what better way is there to get your woman to take off her clothes?


4. Beard Balm (or oil or mustache wax) - Let's face it, if you're manly enough to use a crowbar you should probably have a pretty sweet beard or mustache. Also, you should probably be looking your finest for your lady.


5. Romantic Music Mix - This should include everything from cheesy hair band ballads to Elvis to Mumford and Sons. Keep is eclectic and romantic. Music just adds an extra layer of sexy to the evening and should not be forgotten.

What have I forgotten? What's your ideal Valentine's Day date? Please share, I'm intrigued :)


No comments:

Post a Comment