Sunday, July 2, 2023

Ink Blood Sister Scribe


I didn't know how badly I needed another Practical Magic-esque book in my life until I read this! Two estranged sisters couldn't be further apart. Joanna can read and react to magic and has made it her life's work protecting her families magical book collection. Esther meanwhile has travelled around the world - never staying in one place more than half a year. When their father dies she doesn't even come home; hiding behind excuse after excuse. Because of a few wealthy magic wielding English folk - the soon may need to put their differences aside to protect themselves and their family's legacy. Told through multiple perspectives - this story or magic, family, betrayal, and friendship is gripping and inventive. It doesn't need a sequel but I would love if there were one - the characters were all so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment