Monday, September 23, 2019

Shortest Way Home

This was one of the better written political memoirs I've read. It isn't all rhetoric, it's honest, and it isn't manipulative to prove points. Mayor Pete isn't just eloquent delivering speeches or debating, he's a gifted author as well. This memoir gives a great glimpse into his life and illustrates the many things that have built up his beliefs and world views. From his childhood in South Bend, his college days, his first political leanings, to his service in the navy; Mayor Pete's life is inspiring and well worth the read. I learned a lot about how he runs South Bend and I was amazed at every turn. His memoir isn't braggy, and he often shares anecdotes and gaffes that show he knows how to bounce back after mistakes. I hope to see more from this bright inspiring politician from my home state!

1 comment:


  1. Fantastic post.

    Really enjoyed reading it and it held my attention all the way through! Keep it up.

    Read my Latest Post

    ReplyDelete