Saturday, March 23, 2019

Daisy Jones & The Six

I freaking LOVED this book. It had been getting a lot of hype, but I try not to listen to that too much so I don't get disappointed. However... it damn well lived up to the hype. This is an oral history for the best band that never existed. The whole time reading this, all I wanted to do was listen to their songs. And they don't have songs, because it's clearly about a made up band, but I wanted it to be real so damn much!! The lyrics awesome. The characters are all flawed, yet have redeeming qualities that make you root for them (most of the time). If you like Janis Joplin, rock and roll, the seventies, and I Am Spinal Tap, you will love this book. It reads easy, but is effortlessly compelling, I could not put it down! Taylor Jenkins Reid is fast becoming one of the hottest authors around. Two amazing books in a row. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment