Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Artemis

I was soo nervous to read this since I loved The Martian so much. I was unsure that any follow up books by Weir could compare to that masterpiece, but I needn't have worried! This book was the bomb! I wish I could give it 4.5 stars instead of 4. This book is super different from The Martian, but also very similar. The lead character Jazz, is a twenty six year old Saudi Arabian living on the moon. She is a smart ass, sarcastic, genius. I love her. She has lived on the moon since she was six in the city of Artemis. She's not very high ranking in the grand scheme of things, she's at the bottom of the totem pole work-wise. She's stubborn and unwilling to use her skills to obtain a better job since she is still insistent on sticking it to her old man and making it on her own. She's a porter and in her spare time she smuggles illegal Earth items in for wealthy citizens. Her skills as an underground smuggler and her savvy business ethics lead one of the richest men in the city to hire her for a secret mission, from there, everything goes wrong. This book was soo funny and smart and I genuinely loved all the characters. The amount of world building in this is monumental and believable. I LOVED this!

No comments:

Post a Comment