Sunday, October 27, 2013

Horns

After years of having Joe Hill on my to read list, I can finally check him off! I can't lie though, the main reason for finally reading this novel is not all the glowing recommendations my friends have given Joe Hill, but rather the upcoming movie version of this, starring my main man Harry Potter, I mean Daniel Radcliffe.

Horns is a unique horror/paranormal/thriller that nearly anyone could get into. The story centers on Ig, a young man who wakes up one morning after a hard night of drinking with a set of horns on his head. He has no idea how they got there and soon discovers that the horns do more than make him look terrifying, they allow him to hear people's innermost horrible desires. He sees the worst of people, his family, his friends. And it tears him apart... until he discovers he can use this "gift" to try and discover who murdered his girlfriend a year ago.

Inventive and exciting, this is a great read from Joe Hill. Obviously great writing runs in his family (his father is Stephen King).

No comments:

Post a Comment