Monday, December 3, 2012

The Sweet Life in Paris


I'm a traveler at heart and I think that is the main reason I loved this book. Not because I give a hoot about cooking and baking but because I LOVE learning about other cultures. I love reading about how other people go about their daily lives, it's so fascinating.

This book basically reads as a travel guide/cookbook. The author David recounts his first five years living and adjusting to life in one of the greatest cities in the world, Paris. Each chapter is a short story about some aspect of Parisian culture followed by an exquisite recipe or two (the likes of which I will never be able to replicate). You will learn how to properly eat cheese, cut in line, order coffee, go to the doctor, make an absinthe cake and much much more. It is a great book and a must read for anyone planning to travel or live abroad in Paris.

Also, if anyone can figure out the divine sounding recipes make a few and send them my way for sampling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment