Monday, May 14, 2012

“In America you can always find a party. In Russia the party always finds you.”

In less than two weeks I will be in St. Petersburg! Ahh! Excitement, butterflies, panic, vodka, anticipation, nervousness! I should follow up by saying that I HOPE to be in Russia in two weeks. Everything is banking on the Russian visa that I have yet to obtain. I'm hoping to get it in the next week, if I don't get it I am shit outta luck because those airfare tickets are non-refundable. Woof. Keep those fingers crossed people! I have a lot of money riding on this!

So far I haven't met anyone that I'm traveling with. I've been in correspondence with my soon to be roommate Lisa (if you're reading this you're awesome and we're going to have a blast!) and I can't wait to meet her in person. We're going to be a pretty diverse group of library science students. We've got people from Texas, Indiana, Maryland, and New York, should be a good group! Orientation starts next Friday in Maryland and then we all fly over to "the motherland." We'll be there about two weeks and well get to do loads of awesome stuff. We're going to visit the Hermitage, the Marinsky Theater (to see a ballet!!!), multiple libraries and universities, book shops, cultural sites, and the countryside. I can hardly contain my excitement!

Here are my goals for this trip:
1. Get my damn visa in time so I can actually go
2. Take a picture with at least one tall, sexy, Dolph Lundgren look a like (best case scenario, take him home with me!)
3. Drink vodka with a Russian and live to tell the tale
4. Buy a Harry Potter book written in Russian
5. Go to an underground nightclub
6. Buy at least three nesting dolls to add to my collection
7. Learn a few Russian curse words
8. Pass the class I'm taking so I get my 3 credits

For once I'll be using this blog to do more than write book reviews. Stay posted to hear all about my exploits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment