Monday, August 31, 2026

Twilight


Wowzaa. I had not re-read this book since high school and even back then I did not love it. But reading this as an adult really hits different! Red flags EVERYWHERE. The romance goes from zero to 100. The plot, cheesy as hell. Bella being the emo, manic, pixie, dream girl, I'm not like everyone else, got real boring, real quick. A quick and dirty summary is a coven of vegetarian vampires (they only eat animal blood not human blood) impersonate being teenagers to attend high school. At over 100 years old, Edward finds himself attracted to the new 17 year old girl in town because he can't resist her blood and he can't read her thoughts. Bella too falls in love with him immediately even though they have nothing in common and he's old enough to be her great, great, great grandfather. Chaos ensues and this is the first of a series. What were we thinking?!?! Why was this so beloved? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment