Thursday, February 28, 2019

The Sirens of Titan

Unpopular opinion, but this is not my favorite Vonnegut. Not even in my top five. But before you start throwing stones at me, I still enjoyed it. A lot. I can't pinpoint exactly why I didn't like this as much as his others, but it was still a good read. It's zany, filled with classic Vonnegut-isms, zany characters,  tributes to Indianapolis, weird space opera vibes, and jabs about human faith, politics, and economy. The Sirens of Titan tell the story of the space wanderer. Once, the richest playboy on earth, now a man lost in the cosmos forgetful of his past. It's a story about the wonders of space, the folly of organized religion, and morality. It's over the top as always and filled with characters only Vonnegut could create. Even though it's not my favorite, I want to come back to this one and read it in a few years instead of listening to the audio.

No comments:

Post a Comment