Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Geek's Guide to Dating

I didn't read beyond the cover, so I was unsure as to what to expect. For some reason I thought this would be a fictional book, but to my surprise (because I clearly don't read descriptions!) it truly was a dating guide. It was definitely fun to listen to the audiobook version because the narrator had great inflection and helped make it more fun. This guide is actually filled with pretty solid advice (it is geared solely to males, but you can get a general idea on most sections as to what applies to the ladies) and is very punny. Eric Smith has it loaded with references from every fandom, video game, and pop culture hamlet you can think of. He often uses common scenarios found in pop culture to illustrate certain points or to point out what is super unrealistic in what to expect in a relationship. Very funny and creative way to frame a dating book.

No comments:

Post a Comment