Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Prudence

Admittedly, I've only read one other steampunk novel, but I think this may not be the genre for me. The writing was great, the characters fleshed out, and the plot intricate, but overall I was not a fan. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but maybe it's just a little too out there for more. I didn't love this for the same reason that I don't love Alice in Wonderland. It's just too over the top for me. The most redeeming thing about this audiobook for me is the narrator's telling of it. She had an amazing British accent and her ability to differentiate between character's voices was amazing. I loved all her little accents and sing song voices! If you like futuristic historical intrigue novels mixed with supernatural elements like vampires and werewolves then you would most likely enjoy this book. If not, pass it on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment