Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I'll Give You the Sun

Now I can see what all the hype is about! This book was worth all the praise and then some. The prose is beautiful, the characters full of depth, beauty, and broken pieces. I just finished reading it this morning but I already want to re-read it. Jude and Noah are twins but they couldn't be more different. Jude is a gorgeous, laid back, surfer girl and her brother Noah is an introverted artist who lacks friends. Although they have their differences they operate as one, that is until an unspeakable tragedy breaks them apart. Filled with a plethora of issues: discovering ones sexual identity, dealing with the loss of a loved one, first love, acceptance, addiction, and the process of creating and seeing art. It's a beautiful novel, told from the perspectives of both twins and over the course of two years. Impossible to put down, I can't recommend this book enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment