Monday, April 22, 2024

Not Good for Maidens


I absolutely loved the setting and the premise. The world building was top tier - unfortunately for me, I didn't care about the main plot. I loved the idea of a market, an inbetween place full of goblins and horrors. It was truly intriguing and it reminded me of a darker labyrinth. I wanted Jareth to pop out so bad! Instead a girl, living thousands of miles away finds out about it when her aunt is taken there. Her mother rushes back to York to try and rescue her and Lou finally finds out what her mother and aunt had been hiding from her all her life. When her mom and aunt were her age they too entered the market and ended up killing a goblin and getting banned from their coven of witches (oh yeah - she also finds out she comes from a coven). A lot of plot holes but I truly loved the setting. So dark and creepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment