Thursday, August 10, 2023

Megabat Mega Star


Before you lambast me for the low rating, I want to preface a few things - I am not the target audience for this book, I do not read elementary novels like this AND I have never read any other books in this series. Those factors contributed to this lower than normal rating! The illustrations were a highlight for me and I think the little cast of characters is fun. I don't love that Megabat talks like a backwards heathen and nothing is ever spelled right. I get the intent behind that, but it grated on my nerves after a while. I think the premise kids will love. There is some naughtiness, some accidents, and lots of fun. And again the illustrations are fantastic. It kind of reminded me of Howliday Inn and Bunnicula. I wish I would have enjoyed this more, I'm just an old bitter millennial, lmao. 

No comments:

Post a Comment