Monday, November 26, 2018

In the House in the Dark of the Woods

Maybe I'll just chalk this up to me not being smart enough to understand all the finer nuances. All I know is that this was lyrical, confusing, pretty, and haunting. None of those should go together but they do. I only picked up this book for the artwork and that's where I screwed up, lol. It's a "suspenseful" fairy-tale that's equal parts creepy and equal parts confusing. A young wife goes into the woods to pick berries and gets horribly lost. She wanders around and is eventually helped by a woman named Eliza, who lives in a creepy ass cottage. There's Captain Jane, a weird bird, a girl in yellow, and others, but honestly this story got a bit too weird for me. I can't even find the strength to summarize it. Hard pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment